Directions to Woodhaven Country Lodge
If you have questions about how to get to Woodhaven Country Lodge please call us at 1-866-416-9663. We look forward to seeing you soon!
97 Fire Route 51, Lakehurst, Ontario, K0L 1J0 Canada
N44 33.132, W78 24.666 (or 44.5522, -78.4111)
The entire trip from the top of the Don Valley Parkway takes less than two hours.
- Take highway #401 East from Toronto. Just past Bowmanville, exit on #115/35 North towards Peterborough.
- Staying on #115, travel for 45 km (just before Peterborough), then take exit #45B onto highway #7 North to Fowler's Corners (Do NOT take the first #7A exit - Moore Drive to Cavan or exit #45A south to Port Hope on highway #28.) Travel for 12 km to Fowler's Corners.
- Continue straight through the traffic light (north) onto #26, past Chemong Lake for 6.3 km. At the stop sign turn right (east) onto #14 Yankee Line. Travel for 1 kilometre then turn left (north) onto Boundary Road.
- Follow along Boundary Road for 8.8 km as it takes a sharp right turn (east) and becomes Edenderry Road. At the stop sign, turn left (north) onto #16 Tara Road.
- Continue along #16 Tara Road for 13.8 km (along the way, you will cross the bridge at Gannons Narrows, which separates Pigeon Lake from Buckhorn Lake). Just as you enter a 50 km/h zone at Lakehurst, turn left (north) onto Lakehurst Circle road. If you see Sandy Lake, you've gone too far.
- Go 1 km and take a right turn onto Adams/Cummings Road. Travel for 2.3 km. Just over a small blind hill (slow down!), turn right onto fire route 51 towards Sandy Lake. Keep to the right for 0.8 km to Woodhaven.
- Travel on hwy #7 west through Havelock and Norwood.
- A short while later, turn right onto #134 north. There is a traffic light and a donut shop at this intersection. #134 will bypass Peterborough and Lakefield and become #28 north.
- Continue north on #28 past Young's Point to Burleigh Falls.
- Just past Burleigh Falls, turn left onto #36 west to Buckhorn.
- The first stop sign you'll see is the junction of #23 in Buckhorn. Continue straight through the intersection onto #16 or Lakehurst Road.
- The road winds its way through Buckhorn past the lock on the Trent Canal and heads out of town. After about 5 minutes, you'll enter a 50 km/h zone. You should see the beach at the bottom of Sandy Lake on your right. Just as you are about to leave the 50 km/h zone, turn right onto Lakehurst Circle road.
- Go 1 km on Lakehurst Circle road, then turn right onto Adams/Cummings Road.
- Follow for 2.3 km, then just over a blind hill, slow down!, turn right onto fire route 51. Keep to the right for 0.8 km to Woodhaven.
A. Perhaps the fastest way is to cut up north from the 401 to hwy #7 west (whatever your favourite route is) so that you pass through Havelock and Norwood. Then follow the above directions from Ottawa from point 2.
B. Or stay on the 401 west to Port Hope, and exit on #28 north. Stay on #28, which becomes #7 at Peterborough, to Fowler's Corners and then follow the above directions from Toronto from point 3.